Bob Check, Bob Pass

At Franklin Learning Center, students with a failing class grade are being given a piece of paper labeled the “BobCheck”. It’s a part of the BobPass program created to solve the rising issue of grade management among students. Those unable to raise grades on their own can turn to this system for a helping hand.

Students with a BobCheck are required to stay after school on Wednesday for their meeting with assigned teachers. If the student doesn’t show up to the BobPass, an overnight suspension will be arranged the following day.

As mentioned earlier, the BobPass intends to assist students in grade improvement. However, no system is safe from faults. On February 27, FLC experienced the first run of BobCheck. With every new change, panic and confusion were expected to peak in the community. A total of 140 students received an overnight suspension letter during class, which later dropped to 58 students at the end of the day.

Mr. Wilson admits that it was caused by “human error.”  Teachers now have to put students’ assignments in as soon as they can to raise grades and avoid difficulties. In spite of all this buzz, the program continues to undergo improvement. As long as student grades are maintained, students at FLC have nothing to worry about.