School Spirit Gone?

Illustrator, FLC’s spirit is fading away · Paladin Jenkins

Imagine everyone in Franklin Learning Center working towards a similar goal and accomplishing it. What would that feel like? Some might think this concept is far-fetched, but the reality might feel more rewarding than they may think. School spirit captures one-in-a-million moments. Unfortunately, Franklin Learning Center rarely exhibits this. It’s about time that changes.

According to the Macmillan Dictionary, school spirit is the feeling of being proud and enthusiastic about the school that you go to. In other words, it’s about having goals to work towards as a group. It can be demonstrated through the students, school-related events, and encourages neighboring students to represent their schools.

The reason why FLC doesn’t embody school spirit lies in the lack of common goals among the community. Without the determination to reach a shared goal, students are unable to work together, hence lowering the chances of teamwork. Not to mention, the vicinity of FLC’s building, and the fact that  makes it difficult to organize traditional school events, although not impossible.

School spirit makes up the high school experience. Its presence alone could resolve or assist in issues that students find at the school. On gloomy days, it could help lighten the mood and give the community a break from the stress. In addition to that, it may motivate students and teachers collectively to strive for the bigger and better.

Last December, the FLC Express found success in highlighting school spirit. Events like so bring students comfort knowing that fun does exist in school. Do you remember those days when fun was associated with the education system? When it comes to school, it’s important to spotlight this spirit of celebration. Amidst the obstacles, all high schools should be given the chance to adopt a sense of unity; FLC is no exception.

Imagine everyone in Franklin Learning Center working towards a similar goal and accomplishing it. How would that feel like? Some might think this concept burdens too much pressure and is far-fetched, but the reality might feel more rewarding than they may think. School spirit captures one-in-a-million moments. Unfortunately, Franklin Learning Center rarely exhibits this. It’s about time that changes.

The reason why FLC doesn’t embody school spirit lies in the lack of common goals among the community. Without the determination to reach a shared goal, students are unable to work together, hence lowering the chances of teamwork. Not to mention, the vicinity of FLC’s building makes it difficult to organize traditional school events, although not impossible.